Sunday, October 21, 2007

A little bit of fun on the moon

On my last night in Sydney, I joined the two American girls staying in my dorm for a trip to Luna Park, a tiny amuesment park on the Sydney Harbor. The park is about 70 years old, a present from the city to the people of Sydney after the completion of the bridge. It was a gift to thank them for putting up with all the disruption the construction caused. Its smaller now than it was then, but it still holds its charm.

I have a certian love for amusement parks, especially ones from the turn of the century. I jumped at the opportunity to takes some pictures while here. Since the park is right on the harbor, I was able to get a few great pictures of the bridge at night. There was a man taking pictures next to me with a professional set-up. He saw I was struggling to keep my camera steady on one of the dock pylons, and he offered me his tripod for a few shots. I couldn't believe the kind guesture! Who ever that friendly Aussie man is, thank you!




Enjoy guys, I had a great time taking these!



Linds


The Gates of Luna
Luna Swirl


Coney Island in Oz




Enter


Bullseye


The Liquorice Candy Building


Cupcakes in the Sky


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Lindsey! Your pictures are amazing!!! The first one of the bridge at night is incredible! I can't wait to see these all when you get back! It looks amazing down there! Keep having fun and taking pictures for us :)

Anonymous said...

Lindsey!
All your pictures are amazing. I agree with ashley the bridge is beautiful. Thank you for going to other countries and letting us see the beauty of them. Christina

Anonymous said...

Hey girl, chris wants the blog here is his address
radman7273@yahoo.com

love ya
Christina

Unknown said...

I'm raving about your bridge picture.

Happy?