Thursday, October 11, 2007

Jet-lagged in Potts Point

Just a quick on here guys. I just arrived in Sydney a few hours ago. I lived through another 12 hour trans-oceanic flight, got myself through customs, got a phone, got some Aussie dollars, and navigated my way to the hostel. I'm checked into to an all-girls room in a smaller hostel in the Pots Point of Sydney. Its near the water, near the bridge and opera house, close to the CBD. I can walk everywhere.

I'm terrible jet-lagged but wanted to go to sleep at a normal time as not to screw up my days. Once I got settled in my room, I got out the ole laptop to type this up and....nada. Can't get the damn thing to turn on. Its not the power converter for the Aussie plugs and it worked fine when I left South Africa. Maybe its jet-lagged too. Cross you fingers for me that it fixes itself. Otherwise, posting will be a bitch.

I'm exhaused, but just wanted everyone to know that I'm in Oz and safe. I'll write a proper blog soon. Ciao!

Linds

4 comments:

Kelsey said...

You are one brave person to be traveling by yourself, but if anyone can do it, I know you can. I'm getting a serious travel-itch thanks to you and your blog. I love the pictures so far and the Linduke paintings. You'll have to find a way to get one back to the states. Well, I hope you can get some sleep so you can start your newest journey soon. Please be safe and stay in touch!

Rhonda said...

Well Lindz, I had this big old letter ready for you and then my 'puter sneezed or something and I lost it all. Wish I was still in contact with the friends I made from there, might of been able to "hook you up" with something. Adelaide, Melbourne, & Brisbane would've been better to see if you had some "mates" to show you around a bit. Sorry on that part. Been a real thrill "going along" on this little journey you're taking us on. You lucky young lady. You'll always be able to "reach out" to these memories and smile just from the pure enjoyment of it all!! Nothing new happening around here. You know... same old crap. Hope you get to make it to Tahiti & Easter Island too. WOW oh WOW... what a trip!! Luv ya kiddo. Be very safe and remember... get LOTS of pics!! Until the next time.............

Anonymous said...

If you want them I will give you the adress and number of my aunt in narabeen. It is near Tarameeda on the beach so you will have at least one contact there.

Unknown said...

Glad to hear youre still in good spirits. I know you'll do fine finding your way around. Besides its the best way to find out the real deal vice having someone tell you what they think is the places to go. Just be yourself and dont question your instincts and most of all (which you've been doing all along) have FUN!!